Christmas 2015

I admit that I was pretty excited for Christmas this year. Elmer is old enough to remember last year's festivities, and Arthur is old enough to enjoy it and really get into celebrating! They were able to help me (a little) set up the Christmas tree, and loved all the lights and ornaments all month. We sang Christmas songs, played with our 3 nativity sets, and had 3 different advent calendars to manage. Anticipation was pretty high!
Elmer in front of the tree, Christmas 2015

Arthur, Christmas 2015

This year was also the first time both boys were in the Christmas eve pageant at church. Elmer was a shepherd, and Arthur was a sheep.
Untitled

But I think their favorite part of the Christmas Eve service was the candlelight Silent Night. Both boys really enjoyed holding their own candle (I helped Arthur with his).
Untitled
Untitled



Christmas morning, my family came over for breakfast and presents. Everyone had a good time visiting and opening presents, though the boys were definitely overwhelmed. I think we'll spread out opening some of the gifts we get next year. We gave them a Duplo train set, which has been a lot of fun for Chris and me to play with.

New Train

Untitled

We went over to the Perry's for Christmas dinner and gifts. The boys always love playing with their cousins, and we love all the visiting with family. We were all tired and happy when we went home.
Untitled
Untitled


I enjoyed a long weekend home from work, and then a short week last week. We celebrated the New Year with a few friends (Chris was playing a gig with Swing Memories), and had a pretty relaxing New Year's Day. But this weekend we took down the Christmas decorations, so we're ready to head into 2016 and get back to our regular routines.



Happy New Year!




Comments