A month of thanks

Yesterday I decided it would be fun to try to post every day this month about things that I'm grateful for. I'm not going to let the fact that it is November 5 stop me, although I suppose I could just post 5 things today. Really, that wouldn't be hard. I love the holiday season - I love Halloween, I love Thanksgiving, and I love Christmas - but I also like to savor each holiday for what they are. For Halloween, I enjoyed planning out Elmer and Arthur's costumes, and having a fun night with friends and family. And now that Thanksgiving is coming up, I'm going to count my many blessings and share them with the internet.

Back when I had more blogging power (and time), I used to post a grateful list of 3 things every day. This time, I'm going to try for one - but a post every day is the challenge.

So - on to 5 things to be grateful for so far in November:

  1. It suddenly got cool! I had to start wearing socks and shoes for my bike ride to work, and we can have the windows open most of the day for some fresh air!
  2. Cool air means busting out the sweaters (okay, I know we still had a high of 80 today, but it still gets cool in my office).
  3. Yesterday, Arthur woke up at 4 AM and fussed until 5, when I finally gave up trying to sleep and went in to check on him. After nursing a bit, he fell back asleep, and amazingly, Elmer had slept through all the ruckus. At least, so I thought. After I left their room, I went to the kitchen to pour a cup of coffee, and then Elmer came out. He looked so cute and sleepy in his fleece footies. We got some juice and got to spend some time snuggling and reading like we did before Arthur was born. I really appreciated that little bit of time we had to spend with one another. I love having Arthur, but I do sometimes miss being able to focus my attention on one kid.
  4. Similarly, Arthur woke up early again today, and I got up with him at 5:15. This time, Elmer really did sleep through everything, including nursing Arthur, changing his diaper, and getting him dressed. Chris was able to sleep through it too, so Arthur and I had some quiet time with just us and the cats this morning. It was nice to have some quiet snuggles and play on a quiet morning.
  5. Finally, I just made some granola and I have a pumpkin pie in the oven. My house smells AMAZING!

Comments