Pages

March 06, 2012

6 weeks!

Wow, the time is really flying by! I can't believe my maternity leave is already half over! I'm a few days late with this post, but Elmer has really been keeping me busy.

Last week, Elmer turned 6 weeks old! He has been discovering how much he enjoys being in our company, being held and cuddled, so he's been very resistant to taking naps. We're working on that, since a well-rested baby is much happier. Luckily, he still sleeps pretty well at night, so we all get at least some sleep!
Elmer 3/3/12

Elmer and I made our first visit to ASU to say hello to my co-workers. Elmer was very good and slept most of the time we were there. Everyone thought he was very cute (of course), and we'll make a point to visit again later this month.


Elmer also spent a morning with his father away from home last Thursday, which was another first. I almost didn't know what to do with myself at home without a baby! However, my time at home was brief, since I had my 6 week post-partum doctor's appointment. Everything's back to normal for me, and I don't have to visit that doctor ever again!


He's smiling a lot more, though I haven't been able to capture another picture. Elmer's also gotten a lot better at bringing his hand to his mouth, opening his fist, and grasping at things. He likes to give hugs, and grab our hands. It's so much fun to see him develop!

This week, we're really working on establishing a regular napping schedule. I'll report back in a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment