Pages

January 04, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

Kerry just shared a blog post about making 2012 The Year of Maximum Enthusiasm, which I think is a lovely idea. However, as much as I like the thought of seeking more high five opportunities (which reminds me delightfully of The Todd from Scrubs) or even displaying maximum enthusiasm for how lucky I am in my life, it's the final paragraph that has inspired me to make this resolution:
Remember yesterday, when you saw that one thing that reminded you of that one friend of yours, and you thought about how if you sent that friend a photo of the thing that reminded you of them, they would smile? But then you didn’t send your friend that photo, and it wasn’t awesome. Don’t do that again. Here’s what you do:
  1. Take the photo.
  2. Send it to your friend.
  3. Your friend smiles. The world is a better place. Thanks.
For the last 2 years, I've resolved to maintain better contact with my friends, to cultivate the relationships that are important to me. It's easy to say, but harder to do, because it really requires a plan. This is exactly what I need - a specific action. When I see something that reminds me of a friend, I will send it to them or contact them, by whatever means necessary. I think this is a resolution I can keep.

So this is my New Year's Resolution for 2012 - along with learning to make Hollandaise sauce! Isn't that awesome? High five!

No comments:

Post a Comment