Let the predictions begin!

Since I'm spending a lot of my energy pondering this very thing, and would like to be amused, let's turn this into a game. 

When do YOU think Goober will be born? Put your prediction in the comments. Whoever's closest wins. Bonus points for correctly guessing the gender.

So everyone has access to the same information:
  • The actual due date is January 25.
  • On average, first babies are late. However, in both my family & Chris', the babies have come early (anywhere from 4 weeks to 4 days).
  • They don't usually let you go beyond 2 weeks late without inducing, so anytime after February 8 is highly unlikely.
  • Goober is head down and in the right position and feels like s/he's sinking lower all the time. However, none of this necessarily means anything is imminent.
  • I have no information regarding dilation, effacement, etc. My OB isn't the most informative man on the planet.
Let's see who has the mad prognostication skillz!


Comments

  1. Fun! Let's see, I'm going to guess that Goober will only be slightly early on January 23rd.

    Oh, and I predict that Goober is a boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would've predicted girl, given the circumatances of conception, but I'm guessing boy. I think you will LABOR 1/19 and deliver 1/20.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1/20 for the little girl headed your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Jan. 23rd too, but since Havi already picked it I'll go with the 24th. Pretty sure Goober is a boy based on the conversation at your baby party ; ).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, that very conversation switched my guess from girl to boy. Either Chris and Anali have a very high bluff skill or we're onto something.

      Delete
    2. Hmmm...which conversation was this?

      Delete
    3. Well, back in August at the cabin, Chris speculated that the baby was a boy. At the party he said, "I was right all along." Also, you told us that the ultrasound tech said the sex was obvious (usually means boy) and when you didn't use a s/he type pronoun, you said, "he." That's all my law school training in action, right there. (I hope I'm not wrong, that'll really suck as a commentary on my deductive reasoning skills!)

      Delete
  5. 1/27, cause I am a jerk, and girl, cause I want to be contrary to my wife/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm hoping the 21st for Goober's arrival. I'll need more info to predict gender :-), but I'll randomly guess boy at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  7. January 25--this is Anali & Chris' baby after all and shall arrive right on schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was one week early with my first so I say (or hope for your sake) it's Jan 18 and it's a girl. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking pity on me with the earliest prediction!

      Delete
  9. Well, I was all set to pick the 27th (Simon's 1st birthday) and girl, but I've been beaten to the punch. Let's say 24th and girl.

    Where shall we await the news? Have you given instructions to Chris to update things accordingly? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, Chris will not update these infernal social networks. Depending on how things go, I may post a tweet or G+, but will definitely post an announcement here as soon as possible.

      Delete
  10. Boy, Jan. 24...and since that is the same prediction as Kerry, I'll add a weight estimate too...7 lbs. 2 oz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was going to say Jan 27th and girl too! It's a popular choice so we must be right.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As someone who went 11 days overdue, I think it only right that I be the dissenting opinion: I'm going with February 4th. Either way, it'll be so exciting when Goober is here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jan. 22. Boy. Make it so. (This is JoAnn, btw. Too lazy to register.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment