Pages

August 04, 2011

A song that has made me cry

I'm a bit behind on Daphne's song list, but she hasn't posted any new ones since this one. Maybe she's been waiting for me to catch up!

So, a song that has made me cry. I've thought about this one a lot, and keep coming back to "What a Wonderful World" sung by Louis Armstrong. Few songs make me choke up as regularly. The song reminds me of all the small, beautiful things in the world - the things that are easy to overlook



It also makes me think of all the things we as a race are destroying through our carelessness, ignorance, and laziness. Will our children's children see skies of blue and trees of green? It depresses me to consider that they may not. This song always makes me cry after each new environmental report or disaster.

Okay, Daphne - is the next song a happy one?

No comments:

Post a Comment