Pages

June 06, 2011

First Crush

When I was in fourth grade, I had a crush on a boy in my class (yes, I still remember his name). He was a popular kid, blond, blue-eyed, athletic. He was way too cool for me - I don't think we ever said more than a couple of words to each other. Unlike Daphne's story, there was no flirting or mix tapes involved. But for some reason, I thought he was cute, and spent some little amount of time moping around about it. Inexplicably, this was the song I moped around listening to:

This cracks me up now - the words to the song have absolutely nothing to do with my situation. I think I may have even manufactured a crush just to mope around to this song. But in any case, I think this song is one of the earliest additions to my life's soundtrack - at least, one that I discovered on my own as opposed to my parents' influence. I had just discovered the radio that year and was quickly becoming a disciple of Casey Kasem.

On a side note, this is the first time I've watched the music video for that song. Isn't it hilarious? I love the turtleneck.

No comments:

Post a Comment