Pages

January 02, 2011

Kissing the New Year in



We welcomed in the New Year celebrating with several of our closest friends. There was much laughter, games, Moses' homebrew, the traditional Cragun Sausage Balls, and way too many cookies. All the kids stayed up until midnight, and it was a beautiful evening.

When talking about New Year's resolutions, my friend Jennifer, a life coach, said she prefers to call them commitments. Resolutions tend to get broken, she said.When looking at my last 2 years of resolutions, I can't help but see the truth in that. So here are my commitments for 2011:

  • My professional commitment is to consciously improve my leadership skills.
  • Facebook has made me too lazy about keeping in touch with my friends, so my personal commitment is to make maintaining my relationships with my friends and family.
  • My final commitment is to dust of the ol' sewing machine this year, finish that quilt, and improve my sewing skills.
Happy New Year!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the sewing!
    I always love the idea of making my own clothes and costumes, but I am not made to craft.

    Will you post pictures of your sewing projects like you did with pancakes? I'm pretty sure you will and I am curious to see the results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Bing.

    My fun resolution is to read one books off of the "I want to read them vast list." And the continuing try and cook one recipe from scratch per week. Doesn't always happen. I'd like to do needlepoint, but I haven't found anywhere to get some help on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kimkipling- Yeah, I should do that. Great idea!

    Babs - Great resolutions! One of my added goals is to read more this year and make a dent in my to-read list. Never thought I'd actually have to make that a goal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So far so good on the reading off of the vast list. Have done four so far.

    And have been cooking. Have made mexican cocoa sauce to go with the vanilla ice cream and cinnamon crisps. In addition, some orzo salad and fettucine with corn and arugula.

    My problem seems to be is I collect stuff, recipes, books, favorite quotes. It's so a tendency. Like multiple gingerbread recipes and guac, and so forth.

    ReplyDelete