April's Theme-Leadership

At the end of the month, I'll be attending the MPLA Leadership Institute.  I'm very excited about it, I know it's going to be a great experience for me!  They've given us a list of recommended readings prior to the institute, so I'm currently reading How the Way We Talk Can Change the Way We Work.  So far, it's pretty interesting.

It also gave me inspiration for this month's theme.  For the month of April, I'm going to pay closer attention to how I interact with others at work.  Am I behaving like a professional? Am I engaging in negative gossip? How am I demonstrating leadership qualities?

Even though I am not in a managerial position, I believe it's important to lead from any position within an organization, and I'm pretty sure that there are people who do look up to me.  By being aware of my actions, words, demeanor, I hope I can provide a better example, and grow more as a professional.

Comments