Why this sudden desire to blog? Because I like keeping lists for myself, ranting about the world's goings-on, and besides, it's good practice for other writing I should do.
I was particularly inspired yesterday by listing off my upcoming professional activities to my supervisor during our monthly tete-a-tete and realized I wanted to post about it here, as I've done in the past, so I can refer to it later. It makes me feel busy and important. So, to celebrate my return, here's a list of the things that will keep me occupied this year:
- Migrating information from one wiki (which is being discontinued) to another wiki
- Continuing to serve as Residency Classification Appeals Board Chair
- Mentoring 2 freshman scholarship recipients
- Serving on the MPLA Leadership Institute Committee
- Serving on a Librarians Assembly committee
- Hopefully stepping down as MCLC Tech Talk Co-chair
- Serve as an ACRL Legislative Advocate this year
- Plan Open Access Week exhibit & activities
- Help facilitate more approval plan shenanigans
- Decide on a conference to attend and a presentation to propose (and hopefully accepted)
- Plan a pre-conference for the Annual AZLA Conference
- Write a piece on either mobile technologies or e-books (or both) for Library Hi-Tech News which will hopefully be published.
- Decide on some clever, scholarly thing to write, write it, and get it published someplace. By next June.
Finally, I miss posting pictures, so here's something you can sink your teeth into.