Pages

May 06, 2009

Let the finals begin!

Today marks the beginning of finals for the semester! I can't believe how fast the past 4 months have gone, but I'm definitely looking forward to summer. Even without a lot of class or student contact, the atmosphere at work noticeably changes as people shift into project mode.

I also finally thought of a presentation topic for this year's AzLA Conference in December, so I'll fill out my proposal today. I'm lucky they extended the deadline...twice.

It is that time of year to start thinking of conference presentations and attendance for next year, but I've been hesitant to commit - with so many changes in the pipeline, I don't want to make assumptions. I'm fine with the prospect of my job changing, or not, but I just want to know before I devote a lot of time and majority of my professional development funding (if any) to conference travel that may not be the best use of my time. I need to deal with this, probably this month. But at least the AzLA proposal is a step.

This morning, I'm grateful for the following:
  1. Ready to move forward on our house project! We have a good quote from a contractor, so we just have to purchase windows and schedule the dates for the work, probably by the end of May. I can't wait to see how awesome our house will look with efficient new windows, a lovely stucco texture, and new paint!
  2. I'm happy to be looking forward to going to work! I think this conscious effort to be positive is working - I haven't been this content about my job in ages.
  3. That today is Chris's last Wednesday night rehearsal until fall - I'm glad things are winding down a bit for him.
April has been particularly bad for my Daily Photo project, but I'm vowing to get back on that - here's one from a couple of weeks ago - the last tree to get puffballs. I've already been shoveling them off the walk.
24 April 09

No comments:

Post a Comment