Pages

May 19, 2009

Geeking out

Yesterday, I was reminded of one of the many reasons I love my job! Someone came in to our office to donate a German bible that was probably printed in the early 1700s. We all crowded around it and unleashed our inner book-loving librarianness (which, in my case, often gets suppressed) to gaze on it in awe. I took several pictures before it was whisked away for evaluation and future placement in special collections.


Today's 3 things:
  1. I'm grateful that my department makes a determined effort to foster a sense of camaraderie, and today we are all going out to lunch!
  2. For starting a Zumba class tonight - I really need to get back on the workout wagon. My innate laziness is starting to take control!
  3. For a long to-do list! Lots of exciting, as well as not-so-exciting projects this summer, so I'd better get to it!

1 comment:

  1. Hey where are your white gloves?

    Great find, I only saw one of those at University of Arizona.

    ReplyDelete