Soundtrack

I'm actually home and fooling around with my music library today, so I thought I'd do this silly meme - it's been going around for a while and I always see it while I'm at work.

I should preface this by saying that Chris and I have a combined music library...

The Soundtrack of My Life
So here's how it works...

1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For the first question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button TWICE
6. Don't lie and try to pretend you're cool...just type it in!
7. Feel a little embarrassed? Join the club.


Opening Credits:
Shine - Vienna Teng

Waking Up:
Always on my Mind - Pet Shop Boys

First Day at School:
Unhappy Birthday - The Smiths

Falling in Love:
Prelude No. 5 - Heitor Villa-Lobos

Losing Virginity:
Got Me Wrong - Alice in Chains

Fight Song:
Fame '90 - David Bowie

Breaking Up:
Symphony No. 6 in G major, op. 68 "Pastorale": andante molto mosso - Beethoven

Prom:
Enid - Barenaked Ladies (definitely listened to this album a lot in those days)

Mental Breakdown:
Witchy Woman - The Eagles

Driving:
Sonata in Bb major, R.46: III Largo II - Vivaldi (David Russell on guitar, nice)

Flashback:
Fugue BWV903 (for organ) - Johann Sebastian Bach

Getting Back Together:
We Can Work it Out - Paul McCartney (how appropriate)

Wedding:
Hitch a Ride - Boston

Birth of Child:
Flute Concerto in G major, wq 169: Largo - Johann Sebastian Bach (James Galway on flute)

Final Battle:
I Forgot to Remember to Forget - The Beatles

Death Scene:
Worse comes to Worst - Billy Joel

Funeral Song:
I Remember You - Skid Row

End Credits:
Alive - Pearl Jam

Comments

  1. That explains a lot. Is the Smiths yours?

    Am amused by the Unhappy Birthday Smiths for the first day of school.

    The Funeral Song is eerily creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris is responsible for the Smiths, David Bowie, Beatles, and Billy Joel. Though we both like these bands, I've never heard that David Bowie song before...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The death scene and funeral picks are pretty appropriate! I'll try to remember that if I outlive you and attend your end days. Thanks for sticking it out at bootcamp! I hurt my foot on those dang roundhouse kicks. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Funeral Song and the End Credits (reminds me of the "Still Alive" song at the end credits of Portal). And don't worry - Ross and I have a shared music library too, but I always skip over the Neil Diamond songs. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot say the same about the Bowie one. But, I am slightly more seasoned than y'all and I had Vh-1 at the time and it popped up there.

    And I'm kind of remembering the "Enid" song, but it doesn't stand out as much as other songs in that lp. Which needless to say I don't have anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment