- I refuse to blog on Facebook, which is why I am blogging this here. Theoretically this is more public, but does require some effort and knowledge to get here.
- I have a strange public/private boundary. Once I know you well enough to cross that, you will probably get more information than you ever wanted to know.
- I feel socially awkward most of the time, and constantly have to remind myself that I'm not 13. I think I succeed, because I know most people don't know how awkward I am.
- Friends and the Cosby Show are my favorite TV programs of all time. Well, and Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Growing up, I lived in a house with no central heating. In northern Utah. We had a wood-burning stove.
- At that time, we had 7 cats, 3 dogs, and 2 parakeets. All outside pets (except the birds). I can still name them all.
- I am over-empathetic to non-conscious beings in movies - I absolutely cannot watch movies with animal stars or anthropomorphic robots without dissolving in tears whenever there is danger - which there must be because there's a friggin movie about it. I both long and dread to see Wall-E
- I also didn't have a TV, and have never really gotten into the TV-viewing habit.
- We got our first TV when I was in high school - it picked up Flagstaff channel 2. We used it solely to play Nintendo. It was a 13 inch black and white.
- I've taken lots of dance classes, but never really aspired to be a dancer. Dancing, however, is one of my absolute passions.
- I was raised playing Dungeons & Dragons - I rolled dice for my parents' friends when I was a child, rolled my first character (an elven cleric named Trillina) when I was 10, and have played ever since, barring a hiatus during my late teens. No other RPG really fills me with the same satisfaction.
- In my dreams to be a rock star, one of my band ideas was to play in an Irish folk rock group like Tempest. Or to be the guitarist for Loreena McKinnitt.
- Like Marc, I still dream of being a rock star even though I know I would hate the attention.
- I didn't start using computers really until my freshman year in college, and didn't own one until about 1998 (Chris built me one). I am not a digital native.
- I am a book junkie - I used to get so into books that I would just read all day, every day. In order to graduate college, I had to ban myself from reading anything if school was in session.
- They were all trashy fantasy novels, for the most part, so maybe it's for the best. I've become so much more picky about fantasy these days.
- My family joined the Society for Creative Anachronism when I was 13, and I was very active in it until I was 19.
- The SCA was a major factor in my decision to major in classical guitar, and majoring in classical guitar was a major factor in my decision to quit the SCA.
- I was the youngest student in the guitar studio until my first senior year, and one of 3 women all 5 years. I was also the least proficient guitarist - not a put down, just the truth. I got into the program because I am a woman.
- When I got engaged, my guitar professor joked that Chris should buy me rings for all the fingers on my left hand to strengthen them. Hah - pumping nylon ftw!
- I am terrified of heights. I can't even climb a ladder onto the roof.
- In high school, I was a peer mentor my senior year. We had some team building day on a fancy obstacle course at NAU. I had to climb to the top of this like 20-foot pole and stand up on the little platform on the top (maybe 2-ft diameter). I was attached to a harness and all these ropes. It took me forever to have enough courage to stand up, my knees shook so much that I'm sure it was visible. I jumped off because it was better than standing there.
- I almost always automatically type a 'g' after typing 'n'.
- I never thought I would love living in a city - I grew up in small towns until college and my dream place to live has always been in a small place in a forest on a mountain. Now I hate snow, cold, and really like my city amenities.
- I have the willpower of a gnat when it comes to sweets, especially black licorice.
January 09, 2009
I was tagged to do this on Facebook, which is to just list 25 random things about yourself. It's Friday and I'm winding down a long week, so here you go.