Pages

November 27, 2008

For family

This post will be short, because the best part about Thanksgiving for me is spending time with family. I spoke with my grandparents today, and I'm so thankful that they are such a special part of my life. They're happy, healthy, and doing well, and I only wish I could be with them today.

Being married always means some compromises with family and the holidays, but we have figured it out to mutual satisfaction. Thanksgiving Day is always spent with the Perrys. I have always felt that I really won the in-law draw - I love my in-laws and get along great with them. They really make me feel like a part of the family, and I really treasure my relationship with them. The rest of today will be spent eating, visiting, and playing games. A fantastic day!

Saturday, we always have a second celebration with my family. This works really well, since various people often have to work on Thursday, so this gives everyone a chance to celebrate and not miss out on Thanksgiving. We'll be having everyone over for dinner, visiting and games, and I'm looking forward to it!

Another benefit of the internet is being able to keep in touch with distant family. Thanks to MySpace and Facebook, I've been recently reconnecting with my many cousins, and I'm incredibly thankful for the opportunity to get to know them again and having them in my life.

5 Nov 07

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment