Pages

October 30, 2008

Purty new toy

I'm sitting here on the couch, Charlie in my lap, watching Chris play Fallout 3. Resting comfortably on the arm next to me is my new Dell Inspiron 910 - an early Christmas present. The story behind my getting this present so early is a long one and I won't go into that here, but we'll just say that I am not complaining.

I've been thinking I'd like a laptop for a while now, but my precious has served me well and I wouldn't have justified the expense. Luckily, my loving husband, the most wonderful man in the world, knew that this would be the laptop for me.

The Inspiron 910 is a bitty little 9 inch laptop, weighs 2.5 pounds, and actually fits in my purse! I've only had it for a couple of days and haven't had the time to play with it much. The primary purpose of this blog post, in fact, is just to see what it's like typing (and the ' key is in a funky place that will take some adjustment) for a bit.


In any case, I'll be putting this little baby to work next week at the Charleston Conference. I'll post a more thorough review then.

No comments:

Post a Comment