Pages

October 22, 2008

Arizona Ballot 2008 - Final

This is the final post I'm going to make on the Arizona Ballot.

I'm not going to go in much detail about Federal and State representatives, since we all have different districts. However, if you are in the U.S. Congressional District 4, I'll recommend you to Ed Pastor. He's been our rep for a number of years, and I think he's just super!

I'm also voting for my incumbent representatives for State Legislative District 16 - Cloves C. Campbell, Jr., and Ben R. Miranda.

Now, for Maricopa County Attorney, the incumbent is Andrew Thomas. I have not been very impressed with his actions over the past 4 years, so I am voting for his opponent, Tim Nelson. While I don't argue that illegal immigration is a serious problem in Arizona, I don't think the focus should be on that to the exclusion of all else. I don't think Thomas gets that. Here's the AZ Republic head-to-head on the two candidates.

Maricopa County Sheriff. The candidates are incumbent Joe Arpaio, Democratic Dan Saban, and Libertarian Chris A.H. Will. I very strongly oppose Joe Arpaio's arrogance, showboating, immigrant sweeps, blatant racism, ineffectiveness, and general bullying. I'm voting for Dan Saban. Here's the AZ Republic head-to-head. Sadly, they did not include Chris Will, but he did answer their candidate questionaire.

Finally, here's a historic batch of mail!
We mailed in our early ballots and the final payment on our beloved Prius on Monday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment