Pages

February 08, 2008

Sick again

For several years, I hardly ever got sick - maybe one or two bouts with a cold every year. I guess I still don't get caught very often, but I have a cold now, after having one just over a month ago. And I was sick for nearly the whole month of February last year. I feel a little discouraged about it.

The theme for this month's Book a Month Challenge is, appropriately, "heart." I wasn't sure what to read, so I went the ol' librarian route of doing an advanced keyword search in the catalog (limiting by location and a "fiction" subject heading), and scanned for titles that looked interesting. I settled for Heart, You Bully, You Punk by Leah Hager Cohen, just because it really DID look interesting. (I almost picked Conrad's Heart of Darkness, because I'm ashamed to admit I haven't read it, but...um...I didn't. I think I'll have to read it eventually.) As a consequence of my random search, I don't know anything about this book going into it, so I've truly picked a book based on it's cover...er...title. I'll post a review when I'm done.

Time to go back to my cats, blanket, tea, and bad tv.

3 comments:

  1. I've heard of that book somehow.

    I hear you on the sickness. I had the flu after I got back from xmas and then a mild cold and/or fever last week. I feel somewhat betrayed by my immunities. Grrrr.

    Apparently, it's going around the school.

    I hear you on the bad tv thing too. In my last bout of sickness I was watching that 80s show and Sabrina and Anne of Green Gables and even less defensible, Cashmere Mafia and Lipstick Jungle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No more being sick! Get better soon and stay that way. It sure is going around though and I'm desperately trying not to catch it before the competition next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that you are sick! The last time I got sick was in October but it got me good. I hope your suffering stops soon.

    ReplyDelete