Pages

February 25, 2008

Quinceañera

Now what?

Saturday was Kitty's 15th birthday - doesn't she look great? To celebrate, we provided lots of lap time and cuddling. She was very appreciative - she doesn't like a lot of fuss and bother.

After complaining about a lack of social networking aggregators, I decided to actually DO something about it and started investigating the variety of options out there. I'm gaining a lot of experience through my Talking Tech Friday columns about trying new services, and am really developing an appreciation for simplicity in signing up for services.

I tried My Life Brand, which showed promise, but I was turned off by its slowness and the emphasis on developing yet ANOTHER profile on their site.

I looked at Spokeo, but it just shows a list of all the places my friends have a web presence - useful, but not what I was looking for.

I asked for an invitation to Iminta, but while I was waiting, Kelly reminded me about Digsby, which I'd read about on Lifehacker a few weeks ago, but didn't investigate. She was trying it out and loved it, so I thought I'd give it a go. Normally, I don't like to download applications, but made an exception for this case.

So far, I'm loving it. I've linked it to all of my email and chat accounts, as well as MySpace and Facebook. While it doesn't let me link my other web presences (this blog, Flickr, etc.), I don't think I really need it to - I don't usually receive content there, and when I do, I get updates via email or rss. I think that Digsby will do the job, but I'll give you an update in a month or so and let you know.

5 comments:

  1. happy birthday, Kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feliz cumpleanos, Kitty! Sasha sends you a furry meow and invites you to her 17th birthday party in May!

    ReplyDelete
  3. feliz compleanos, Kitty!! Ali(stair) and I both send you our love. Okay, Ali's focusing on loving the sun right now, but still.

    Is she getting all teen on you or no?

    ReplyDelete
  4. If only kitties could wear Quinceanera gowns...and if only your blog would let me insert images...there would be pictures of kitties in ball gowns here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy (belated) birthday to Dame Katherine Liverfoot!

    ReplyDelete