Pages

February 05, 2008

Hiding out


Charlie was hiding from the vacuum here - when he was a kitten, he was completely relaxed whenever I ran the vacuum, but as he'd gotten older, he flees from it as if it were some horrid blue dragon. Though I suspect that he just likes fleeing for the fun of it.

Another belated Cat Picture Monday, I've been having a hard time with my regularly scheduled postings. Yesterday I visited the Polytechnic Campus to do some Gobi training for the staff and librarians there. One of my favorite duties is training, and I love seeing the other libraries. It was a very rainy and chilly day, though, and I didn't have a lot of free computer time.

For the Talking Tech Friday last week, I reviewed Ning, another social networking site. I have to say, I'm very impressed by it. I'm quite tempted to dump MySpace and Facebook in favor of Ning - it combines all the good things about MySpace (blog capabilities, lots of personalization of profiles, appearances, etc.), without the bad things (not as garish, fewer ads, more private). I don't really like Facebook at all, so I wouldn't mind dumping it anyway. Sad thing is, a social network is nothing without the social - could I convince all my friends to follow me there?

Also, today is Super Tuesday - make sure you go and vote if you haven't already!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, I would vote if I could, but as I am not registered in either party, I'm not allowed to.

    ReplyDelete