Pages

January 06, 2008

Welcome 2008

I'm back from a nice extended vacation, and actually looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. I've just put away all the Christmas decorations, and the house is looking all tidy for the new year.

The holidays were very nice with the exception that both Chris and I had colds the entire time. However, we did our best not to let it keep us down, so we had a nice time with family and friends, went to Chicago to visit the Perrys there, went on a double date to see Wicked, and played quite a bit of Battlelore, Blokus, Ticket to Ride, Carcassonne, and a new game given by the Milazzos, Prophecy.

I was reviewing my resolutions from last year, and I think I did pretty well. The Year in Pictures project is complete - I didn't quite do a picture a day, but I averaged at least 4-5 pictures a week, so I feel pretty good about it. I did enjoy this project, but not enough to renew it for this next year. I run out of subjects pretty quickly - as you can see, most of the pictures consist of either my cats or a sunset. My other resolution was to have a more positive attitude about my job, and I really think I've accomplished this as well. I think that it's just taken me a while to adjust to a new department, new responsibilities, and figure out just what it is that I am supposed to do. I really feel like I'm settling in pretty well these days, and I have some very positive feelings about what the upcoming year will bring.

For 2008, I have a couple of new resolutions:
  1. Learn how to make really good pancakes (and, by extension, improve my breakfast repertoire). Chris does most of the cooking around our place, but I am responsible for breakfast on Saturdays. We both love pancakes, but my pancake making skills have always been lacking. It's time I buckled down and figured this out. I've already received lots of great advice from friends, and definitely appreciate any tips or links from others.
  2. This year, I'm doing the Book a Month Challenge, as I mentioned before. This is more of a fun project than a resolution, but I'm looking forward to it, especially since so many of my friends are joining in! The first theme is 'time', and I think I'm going to read The Time Machine by H.G.Wells. I've never read it! So look for a review by the end of the month.
  3. Finally, Chris and I have a joint resolution to go for at least a 2-hour hike at least once a month. Again, we both love to hike, but just never get out and do it. I'll probably have to sit down and schedule them all out for the year, but that'll be fun - I'll pick different trails in different locations both near and far (probably up north in the summer). Arizona is just full of wonderful places to hike, so it will be a great opportunity to get out and enjoy the state we love. Local friends will be welcome to join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment