Long week

Yesterday was the first day of finals, as evidenced by the sheer number of students on campus at 7:30 AM wearing pajamas, over-caffeinated expressions, and flipping through index cards of notes. Apparently, students still use index cards to study - who knew?

I remember when I had a 7:40 AM final as an undergrad - I thought it was the middle of the night and cruel and inhumane treatment. Now I'm always either at the gym or on my way to work at 7:40 AM. I guess on the weekend you might still find me abed.

I had the pleasure of judging a school spelling bee yesterday. I wasn't at the top of my judging game, I accidentally ruled the spelling of "harpsicord" as correct. Clearly, it's not (trust me), but I have no memory of what the student said, so my concentration must have slipped. Fortunately, the mis-speller mis-spelled again shortly thereafter, so there were no awkward showdowns. Also fortunately, no one else seemed to notice.

I've posted a review of Skype over the MCLC Tech Talk blog, if you're interested.

I'm glad this week is over.

Comments