Linkety link link
I've been putting off all sorts of links I'd like to share, so here they are in one convenient posting:
- Mr Green debunks a popular belief that the hybrid batteries (primarily for Toyota's Prius) are worse for the environment that Hummers. We've talked about this a little here before. Granted, Mr. Green might be a little biased against Hummers - but so am I, and this is my blog. :-)
- One Laptop Per Child is giving specially created laptops to children in developing countries. Now through December 31st, if you donate a laptop for a child, you'll receive one of your own (for a child in your life) for free. Benefits to yourself or no, this is a great way to spread some holiday cheer around the world. We are so blessed with riches in this country, we don't even comprehend how good we've got it most of the time.
- Full episodes of the the Australian show The Librarians are available online for your viewing pleasure.
- Has anyone used Mobipocket? I'm thinking about downloading it for my phone, once I get a new memory card, for reading e-books.
- Finally, I've decided that I'm going to join the Book A Month challenge for 2008 - each month they pick a theme, and I'll read a related book and post a review of it. I am not much of a critic or book reviewer, but I think it'll be fun nonetheless - especially of some of my blogging buddies join me - Kerry? Barb? Havi? Jen? Mar? You know you want to...