Pages

November 10, 2007

Almost home!

I'm sitting at the Atlanta airport, sans free wifi but sipping a
Seattle's Best coffee and eating some frozen yogurt. I have nearly 2
hours to wait before the final leg of my journey home. This will
actually be posted from the comfort of my own couch!

Man, though, I am plumb tuckered out!

Yesterday afternoon passed mostly uneventfully. Our presentation went
pretty well - typically for me, I didn't even feel nervous at all
until I got up on the podium and started speaking into the mike. Then
my legs started shaking uncontrollably and I thought I was going to
vibrate right off the stage. My friend, Adam, assured me that it
didn't show in my voice, so I managed to deliver my portion without
incident.

After the presentation, I went to dinner with our YBP rep, Reeta, Rick
from the U of Utah, and Cory from UNLV at a cute little restaurant
called Poogan's Porch (I just had to share that name). It was very
casual and fun, with some great conversation. I had a really good
time. The food was excellent - I had fried green tomatoes and
swordfish - very yummy. The best was the bread pudding, though, if
it's not the best I've ever had, it's in the top 3. Perfect texture,
the right balance of spices, plenty of raisins and just a touch of
whipped cream - fantastic!

Had breakfast at the conference with our panel and Adam, and rushed
off to the airport. I can't wait to get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment