Pages

October 25, 2007

Sundry items

Two of my grad school classmates are ALA Emerging Leaders for 2008! Congratulations to Andrew and Laura - you guys rock!

On Tuesday, I gave a presentation (along with 2 others) on how libraries are utilizing social networking tools and the issues they face for the MCLC TechTalk interest group. If you're interested, our presentation is on the TechTalk Blog.

I've raved here before on how much I love the Bibliodyssey blog - well, now there's a book! I will definitely be purchasing a copy.

Blogging has been pretty light lately because my writing energies are being applied elsewhere - I'm co-authoring a paper with a colleague and we've set ourselves the deadline of having it finished by the end of October. We're hoping to get it published, so wish me luck. In other professional development news, I am on panel presentations for 2 back-to-back conferences: at the Charleston Conference November 7-10, I'm a panelist for the OCLC WorldCat Selection: Multiple Vendors, One View presentation (yes, THAT Charleston Conference - fear not, I have a good hotel this year...at least, I hope I do), followed the next week by a group presentation entitled Keeping Your Head Above Water: Tips for Treading Water in Today's Technological Ocean at the Arizona Library Association Annual Conference in Mesa. Yes, I came up with that title and take full responsibility for an overuse of nautical themes. While neither of these presentations are hugely onerous responsibilities, they are my first venture into conference presenting, so I am a little nervous. Fear not, you can look forward to rounds of mobile blogging with the aid of my preciousss, pending the availability of wifi.

And, have I mentioned here that Ken Follett's World Without End, the sequel to Pillars of the Earth (one of my favorite books of all time), came out about 2 weeks ago? I need to get off my lazy posterior and go pick that up (though maybe after re-reading Pillars)!

4 comments:

  1. I've said it before, I'll say it again: You freakin' rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a busy woman! Good luck with all your conferences. I haven't heard of that series of books, I will have to look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woman, you are certainly busy. I am just amazed at all the very cool stuff you do. I wish I could see you on your panels, kicking ass and taking names! (Or maybe just talking about your given subject. There's at least a little ass-kicking involved, right?)

    You are my cool cool friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I don't FEEL very cool (after all I'm not an ALA Emerging Leader), but thanks for all the support!

    ReplyDelete