Pages

June 05, 2007

You know you're an addict when...

There's really only one activity that can keep me up until all hours of the night, and that's reading. Yes, I'll play WoW, and yes, I've been known to watch mindless hours of Scrubs reruns, but there's a definite point, say 11:00 PM, where I log off, turn off the tube, and head off to bed. But when I'm reading, I never hit that point. I'll look at the clock, see the hands heading towards midnight, and say to myself "okay, one more chapter," and then I'll look up an hour and several chapters later only to repeat it.

Today I'm sleepy after 2 consecutive nights of staying up too late reading - and what's probably worse, I was re-reading Cordelia's Honor by Lois McMaster Bujold for the umpteenth time. It's not like I don't know what's going to happen next! Chris is always making fun of me for all the rereading I do, but I just can't help myself.

In the spirit of new summer reading, here's a blog that's collecting summer reading lists. I think it's time I made a trip to the bookstore - my laziness in book acquisition is just getting ridiculous, especially since it's my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment