Life's little rewards

Yesterday was the last day of school for Chris - he gave a speech at graduation, and took the band kids out for pizza afterwards. They had all chipped in to get him a present - a cap that says "The beatings will continue until morale improves." A replacement for the hat he had bought and promptly lost on the Indiana Jones Adventure ride at Disneyland on the April band trip. The kids all remembered, and solicited their parents, who had to have it ordered at the Disney Store.

I know how hard this was to find, as I was trying to replace it for him after we got back - it was not on any of the Disney websites, nor available in any store. In retrospect, I'm glad I didn't find it - I think it means so much more that the kids were the ones to find it. They think it's hilarious to see him in a cap as opposed to properly attired in shirt and tie.

Now he is free until August, to putter around the house and yard and catch up on some much needed rest. Now is a challenge for me to stick to my schedule, since I really just want to stay home and putter too.

On a completely separate topic, I discovered a wiki devoted to song lyrics. What a great use for a wiki!

Comments

  1. Sniff. It does my little heart good to hear about children being cool en masse to their teachers. Yay Chris's kids!! They rock. Do I know them? No, but that's pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment