Pages

June 29, 2007

Friday Surveys

Two separate projects at the University of Texas are surveying MMORPGers, specifically those who play World of Warcraft. They both seem to be focusing on surveying the personalities of gamers.

This one, linked to from WoWInsider, is a good example of why a researcher should do their best to look legitimate if you want good participation (check out the comments - a lot of alert people out there). Also, while I took the survey, I am a little offended by the offered reward of in-game gold. I'm very much against cheating the game economy.
*Note to self - don't use SurveyMonkey next time I do a faculty survey.

This one was linked to in the comments, and it certainly does look more professional and legitimate. Which survey would YOU choose?

This second survey, though, is not nearly as easy as the first - and I'd much rather give out my character name and server than my email address. It also asks for the names and email addresses of people you know in game and in real life. While I might be willing, if reluctant, to give my own email address, I will not give out those of my friends. So much for this survey.

For those of you who don't play WoW, here's today's quiz:

Your IQ Is 105

Your Logical Intelligence is Below Average

Your Verbal Intelligence is Genius

Your Mathematical Intelligence is Above Average

Your General Knowledge is Above Average


Hmmm....illogical, captain.

No comments:

Post a Comment