8 Things

Daphne tagged me to list 8 random things about myself. I'm not one to resist being tagged, so here you go:

1. Chris dubbed me Grumpator, among other pet names, when we first started dating. I actually first started using it as a "handle" when I first signed up for email in 1998. Guitarchick was already taken. In retrospect, I'm glad.

2. Speaking of guitar, I wish I had started playing at a younger age, and built good practice habits as a child. I always wish that I WANTED to practice, but I'm starting to accept that my list of things to do in my free time will always be: reading, games, watching movies, cleaning house, then playing guitar. That makes me a little sad, but I yam who I yam, and there's only so much free time in the day.

3. The first video game I loved to play was Mortal Kombat. The first PC game I would even try was Warcraft I. My first real addiction was Diablo II. Good times.

4. I don't know what my dream job is. I once thought I knew, but now I'm not sure. But honestly, I can be happy doing just about anything as long as I'm useful and busy. After all, my job is not my life.

5. In high school, I was very involved with the Society for Creative Anachronism. I think the anachronism aspect is the part I couldn't handle. Once I started studying medieval and renaissance music, listening to filk just drove me crazy.

6. I'm uncomfortable in crowds. I'm really pretty shy, actually, I have to force myself to talk and socialize with people I don't know.

7. My comfort books are the Anne of Green Gables books, and the Little House books. I reread them on a semi-annual basis.

8. I turn 30 tomorrow! I will not be at work!

I tag: Kerry, Jonathan, Kelly, and Mara.

Comments

  1. Hey Anali

    I LOVE Mortal Kombat!!!

    Sorry I haven't been commenting, I have been reading though!

    Happy birthday!

    Nick

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment