Pages

January 24, 2007

State of the Union

I only watched part of the State of the Union last night before I had other obligations, but luckily I'd read Resource Shelf earlier in the day and bookmarked this entry that links to many useful sites - transcripts and videos of last night's speechifying, as well as transcripts of State of the Union speeches throughout history. If you missed it last night, take a look.

I just want to especially point out Rep. Jim Webb's Democratic Response to the State of the Union. It's an extremely forthright, coherent, and intelligent response that makes me proud, for the first time in a long while, to be a Democrat. I hope this is a sign that my party can pull itself out of the murk and step up to the plate to play some ball and help make some positive changes this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment