Pages

January 29, 2007

Of course I've read that!

"A third of British adults have lied about reading a book to appear more intelligent according to a new survey."

"Top ten books we lie about reading

1. The Lord of the Rings – J.R.R Tolkien
2. War and Peace – Leo Tolstoy
3. Wuthering Heights – Emily Bronte
4. Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus – John Gray
5. 1984 – George Orwell
6. Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone – J.K Rowling
7. Great Expectations – Charles Dickens
8. Jane Eyre – Charlotte Bronte
9. The Da Vinci Code – Dan Brown
10. Diary of Anne Frank – Anne Frank"

I freely admit I haven't read War and Peace, I've read snippets of Men are from Mars..., and I ashamedly admit I haven't read the Diary of Anne Frank. The others I have read, some multiple times. Honest! :-)

2 comments:

  1. The ones I'm owning up to not reading are Lord of the Rings, (I know heresy), Men are from Mars, and Davinci Code. I don't think I've read Diary of Anne Frank, but have read the play in eighth grade and I haven't read War and Peace. But I've read the others, though not all recently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read 9 and 10, and the first half of the first book of number 1. I don't have time to read much fiction, I'm too busy figuring out the universe. :)

    Nick L.

    ReplyDelete