Pages

December 04, 2006

Fear

I read this article today, and was truly sick to my stomach, In U.S., fear and distrust of Muslims runs deep in which a radio talk show host, Jerry Klein, suggested that all Muslims in the U.S. should be identified with a crescent tattoo or armband in order to test his listeners' responses.

This really makes me fear for the future of my country.

As an aside, I mentioned that I was now moderating comments here to avoid spam. I will also moderate for content. I don't want to discourage commenting, quite the opposite - I welcome comments! However, any comments that include:
Overused and unoriginal profanity,
Phobic comments based on a person's particular race, sex, orientation, etc,
Physical threats,
Complete lack of relation between your comment and the topic at hand,
Astoundingly poor grammar and spelling -- yes, really,
Or if I just find you obnoxious beyond mere words. --(borrowed from John Scalzi's Comment Thread Rules)
will not be allowed on this blog. There may be some leeway if the comment is signed and I know you (and consequently know you're full of shit), but Anonymous posts in particular are regarded with a great deal of suspicion.

1 comment:

  1. That makes me sick too. Gee, does that sound familiar to anyone? If I remember correctly, an Austrian corporal and his cronies had a similar idea...

    ReplyDelete