Books you wish others would read

Creating Passionate Users had a post a couple of months ago about books that you wish others would read. The rule was 1 fiction and 1 non-fiction book - and your reasons for selecting those books didn't need to be anything earth-shattering. Here's a compilation of all the books that were selected by the blog's readers.

You know I don't read a ton of non-fiction, but I would second Yehuda in wishing everyone would read any book by Miss Manners.

For fiction, I wish everyone would read The Little House Books by Laura Ingalls Wilder. Seriously, those books have taught me a lot, and I still read them from time to time.

On a completely separate note, I was led to The Daedalus Project yesterday, subscribed, and today I see a really interesting article about MMOGs and addiction, which really sums up my own opinions on the topic. Another article there is Does Horde PWN Alliance in PvP? A Baker's Dozen of Possible Reasons which is always a topic of interest and occupies much of my brain power at any given time.

Comments

  1. Wow, I'm really glad you picked the Little House series... that is such a wonderfuk series, and it DOES have a lot to teach us. I used to read those books over and over again as a kid.... I should read them again, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment