Pages

September 29, 2006

Sweet land of liberty

John Scalzi, one of my favorite bloggers, has a post today that really resonates:
I'm proud to be an American, but I'm tired of being ashamed of my government. I'm tired of having to count the seconds until this bilious waste of a president is shoved out the door in January of 2009. I'm tired of hoping that some members of the president's political party might actually put principle over political expedience, particularly when it concerns the Constitution. And I'm tired of waiting for the opposing party to actually grow a goddamned spine and become an opposing party.
This is in reference to the passing of the detainee trial bill by the Senate yesterday and the House on Wednesday. I couldn't agree more with Scalzi's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment