Overwhelmed

It has been a crazy few weeks for me. As my title suggests here, I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed.

I'm a creature of habit, and while I embrace change, it is hard for me. I really get into my routines. The past five months, while in a temporary position, were very difficult for me because of the temporary nature of the job, as well as uncertainty about my future. It helped once I'd found a job, but I still had some trouble settling in.

Now that I've started the new job, there's the matter of learning what exactly my new job entails (and it doesn't help that people keep asking me "So what do you do now?"). I can sense it's going to take a few weeks, or even months, for me to get it sorted out. On top of the job, there's the whole "Academic Professional" thing, which means I need to think about that aspect of work that I've never really thought of before.

We've also had family in town (though not at our house) for the last 10 days. This has been great, but it means that we've spent nearly every free minute spending time with them. And we're going on a trip this weekend.

My aggregator has been piling up with unread feeds, and I'm starting to feel guilty about not blogging. It's ridiculous!

Anyway, everything is going great! But my poor brain needs to assimilate all this new information, and needs to have the time to do so.

This is official notice that I'll probably blog very infrequently (as if I've ever blogged regularly) at least until August.

Unless I'm playing with my phone...

Comments