Moving On

Today is my last day working in Acquisitions - after a long weekend, I'll start my new, not-temporary position in Collection Development!

It's been kind of a rough week.  It's hard leaving a job, leaving colleagues, leaving tasks undone.  The time leading up to a departure is always vague, you're not sure if you should start on something, people start to leave you out of decisions or emails, you don't get trained on something new.  So I'm relived that today has come, that I wrap things up here, move down to my new office, and will start learning new things next week.

I'm really looking forward to my new position, the challenges it will present, the opportunity it is for me.  I'm looking forward to getting to know my new colleagues.  But one of the things I'm looking forward to the most is having a chance to settle down for a bit.  I've been in one degree of temporariness or another pretty much for the last 2 years.  It'll be nice to just have a job that I'll be doing for the next few years.

I starting taking an online course on Electronic Collection Development, offered by ACRL, yesterday.  It's taking place on a WebCT platform, which brings back my grad school days.  The instructor is very knowledgeable about internet teaching, I approve so far!  It's kind of fun to be in a class again, though I've got to get used to pushing myself to do my homework!  Luckily, it only lasts for a month.  But I should be reading my lecture instead of blogging!

Comments