Pages

May 08, 2006

Reading

So I stayed up way too late last night because I started The Time Traveler's Wife and I became totally immersed. I read over half of it last night, and was only able to stop because the book is conveniently divided into two parts. Faced with an obvious "Part Two" page divider, I was finally able to tear myself away and trudge off to bed.

Instead of linking to the Amazon record, I'm recommending the Library Thing link at right. There are 38 reviews of this book, the tag cloud, and a "people who have this book also have..." list. I think it says something about Library Thing that I've read AND enjoyed 8 out of the 10 books recommended.

I've noticed that my reading lately has been very much of the binge variety. It's been difficult to only read for an hour or so, especially when I read after my husband has gone to bed. I'm not sure why this is, except that I don't find much time to curl up with a book except after 8pm. It's already late, and I always MEAN to stop by 9:30 or 10 at the latest. Somehow, it doesn't work that way, unless the book in question is deadly boring.

In any case, this is a hearty endorsement of Niffenegger's novel. I haven't finished it yet (and will probably have to cut myself off until the weekend to ensure some sleep this week), but the first half at least has been very enjoyable.

1 comment:

  1. Time Traveller's Wife is fab and you're right, it's very engaging and it sucks you in mightily. It's a book I would've loved when I was in college. I'm not sure how I feel about the end and I think it's one of those you need to read more than once as you get caught up and need to pull back. I loved Gomez and I don't know what that says about me. I love the game that they're playing.

    If you need to discuss after you finish it, email me.

    ReplyDelete