Pages

August 18, 2004

Reading Binge

All summer I've been wanting to read Eats, Shoots & Leaves by Lynn Truss. Mind you, the fact that I've really wanted to read it all summer was not enough of a reason for me to actually buy it, but I finally coaxed a friend into letting me borrow her copy. I love this book! While I've never been such a stickler for correct punctuation (aside from the proper usage of the apostraphe, but I'm definitely guilty of comma abuse), I am obsessive about spelling, which seems to me to be related. Reading this book feeds my inner nerdiness and makes me feel like I am not alone.

Another book I'm waiting to read is Just a Geek by Wil Wheaton. I'm a regular reader of his blog, so I know I like his writing style. Plus, I'm a Star Trek fan, so I can't help myself. More food for my inner nerd.

Perhaps my nerdiness isn't so inner.

One last little thing I've been meaning to mention is a blog I deeply admire by Jason Kottke. If there's a blog I'd be interested in emulating, this would be the one. The links he shares are usually things of interest to me, and I like his method of posting: nothing too personal, but still sharing thoughts and opinions in an informational manner. Gotta respect that. Thanks to Kelly for pointing me to this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment