Pages

July 10, 2004

Blog thoughts

Been reading a lot of blogs lately, many for a class, and many that just catch my eye or are recommended by a friend. Fairly interesting creatures, blogs. There's an article in Wired that's been linked to by several blogs I've looked at today talking about blogger burnout. I think it's crazy! People actually care so much about some blogs that they pester the author to make sure that they're okay and anxiously wait for more posts! At least I know that's not going to happen to me. So far, I believe that no one is reading this except me. My husband had a webpage that no one but me knew about and wrote about the security of an unvisited page being like hiding under a display table in a busy shopping center. All sorts of bustle around you, while you can calmly sit under there (hopefully with a tablecloth) and watch all the feet pass by. That's also what this blog feels like.

Still don't know what I want to do with this. Will I comment on specific things? Talk about which books I'm reading? Other issues?

My other blog for a class is easy, because we have assigned topics. No, you can't read it, and I'm sure you'd think it's boring.

For interesting reading, try Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers, by Mary Roach. That should keep you busy for a while.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete